- The most attractive messenger bag brands and
designs for men in their 20s and 40s
- The messenger bag originated as a "postman's bag" in the 1960s, when postmen of the PONY EXRESS company in the United States used motorcycles and bicycles to deliver mail. The modern messenger bag is a versatile carrying solution that is very useful for everyday commuting, whether by train, car, bike, or on foot. With messenger bags more popular than ever, let's take a closer look at what they are, their benefits and styles, what to look for when buying one, and the best men's messenger bags for everyday use and commuting.
(Builford waxed canvas messenger bag)
- Where did messenger bags come from and what do they mean?
- AA messenger bag is also a type of crossbody bag, but messenger bags typically have a square design and plenty of compartments to hold your daily essentials at the office or workplace. The shape and size of these bags are perfect for carrying laptops, tablets, notebooks, files, and other documents, and they also provide enough space to store pens, keys, water bottles, and other miscellaneous items.
(Messenger bag for mens)
- This makes messenger bags very suitable for commuting and work use, but it doesn't end there - messenger bags are usually designed with daily commuting in mind, so they're usually equipped with some level of simple water resistance.
Another characteristic of messenger bags is the way they are worn. Unlike traditional shoulder bags like briefcases, messenger bags are cross-body style items that are worn across the back like a sling bag, and are designed to stay close to the wearer's back when riding a bike or motorbike.
A single main shoulder strap is used to secure the bag to the wearer's back without it swinging around on the move, making messenger bags ideal for commuting by bike or motorbike. In fact, most modern messenger bags were originally designed to be used and carried by riders, hence the name messenger bag.
(Office workers' favourite messenger bags)
- Builford Jeeney Crossbody Bag
- While we've seen the usual cloth messenger bags, we'd like to recommend the Builford Jeeney Crossbody Bag from the brand Builford, which is aimed at men in their 20s and 40s, because it's a favourite style of working men and looks great with both suits and casuals. It has the perfect amount of compartments for a messenger bag, straps that make it not only a daily bag but also a comfortable and safe bag for riding because it stays close to your back when you're riding.
(Builford Jeeney Crossbody Bags)
- Messenger bags have become the commuter bag of choice for urbanites
- While messenger bags share a lot of similarities with another type of bag, the backpack, in that they are a fairly unique style of crossbody and are worn on the back, there are a few specifics to keep in mind when buying a messenger bag.
Let's take a quick look at the important things to consider when buying a new messenger bag, focusing on the features and design that not only motorbikers need, but also office workers who commute to work in their 20s and 40s.
(men's everyday bag)
- As an office worker, you're likely to be carrying heavy documents, filing cabinets, diaries, and possibly an iPad, so your messenger bag needs to be sturdy and structurally supportive to prevent the bottom from dropping out. It also needs to have some level of water resistance, even though most of our travel these days is done by public transport or car. The Builford Jeeney Crossbody Bag we're showing you today is made of waxed canvas and is somewhat water repellent.
- Bag materials and hardware
- Along with the primary and secondary structure of the messenger bag, another factor that affects the overall price and performance of the bag is the hardware, including parts of the bag like zips and buckles. Special attention should also be paid to the messenger bag's shoulder strap (and any hardware attached to the shoulder strap).
- What size and dimensions you need
- The size and dimensions of your messenger bag will ultimately determine how much gear and equipment you can carry. Usually measured in litres, most messenger bags offer between 1 litre and 24 litres of internal space, but 15 litres is actually the most suitable.
(motorcycle crossbody bag)
- A bag isn't just about the functionality of carrying your stuff, it's also about the emotional aspect of it as a fashion statement. It should be a bag that fits your brand positioning, your style of dressing, and a brand and design that is similar to your own. If you're a man in your 20s or 40s, you'll find the Builford Jeeney Crossbody Bag that I've shown you today to be a very appealing branded product.